Friday, June 14, 2019

Texas

The first stop of the trip (after dropping the kids with Auntie Conn) was to Austin to see my college buddies.  We ate and talked and checked out the Blue Hole.  We got to see Beth's soon-to-be old house and meet baby Gabe. (Actually Emma and Sarah for me as well, because I am a terrible friend.) Joy and Elizabeth and I got some bonus time paddle boarding with the city skyline backdrop where a very friendly stranger took and shared 10 pictures of us, all of which were blurry :(. Perhaps that should be a happy face, as I was wearing a swimming suit. I love this crew. I don't think I've ever had a better gift than finding the Campus House. (Plus also Daron and my boys.)


  


Back in Dallas with the fam, we got to go to a swim meet. Here is Eli winning his race by so much that it looks like he had no competitors. We also got to see Malachi play in a water polo scrimmage.


We drove to Tyler State Park for camping. Silas got sworn in as a junior ranger. It was legit and adorable. He had to complete a workbook, be interviewed by the ranger and recite and sign his pledge in order to earn his badge. He would like to thank Elizabeth, his ranger coach, for her tutelage. He also crossed a ravine by fallen log and participated in his first campfire ghost story session in which he told an original and rather violent tale of encountering and stomping the faces of many wild animals. Rory's impressive accomplishment was bringing Gigi to see a slug he had found and then tripping and accidentally impaling it on a sweetgum ball. He was also a fearless lake jumper.




 



 




Back at the homestead, we toured Dallas and celebrated Hannah's birthday with a trip to Medieval Times. Our knight did not win, but the boys were enthralled.  Thanks Elizabeth for being a great travel buddy and putting up with me for an entire week!



No comments:

Post a Comment