Sunday, December 31, 2017

December

We've entered my least favorite phase of parenting...baby food.  I wanted to forgo it and just go straight to table food cut up really small, but I don't think I am cool enough to pull that off.  It does help support the best pair of thighs I've ever squeezed, so I will persist.
 

Silas is playing his first team sport!  We are practicing a growth mindset with dribbling...and shooting...and catching.  The chest pass, he was born with that talent!  His little team is cute and we think Coach Jonathan is a saint.  Silas is thrilled to be on the green team.  (Peter Pan-esque) I think our whole family stifled inner cheers when it was announced.  It's the little things.  He keeps taking himself out of the game "needing a break".  At least he is recently going to the bench.  The first game he climbed up in the bleachers next to us in the middle of play.  I'll give it to him for bravery.  It is loud and crowded and he pretty much has no idea what is going on, but he runs back and forth with the biggest smile.  I am trying my best to tame my crazy and keep it fun.  He should probably be in trouble after every game for various shenanigans and our at home practices may result in baldness, but I can't scare him off on his first attempt.  Also, he is four. (he is four...he is four...he is four...) 

Rory had his first sick visit to the doctor with a viral infection.  He had a nice little cough and snot for several days.  He took antibiotics for our family's only documented ear infection, and we now own a nebulizer.  He followed this up by getting and passing the flu to each of us in turn.  I was most sad that Silas had to miss his Christmas program at school.



 

 


In trying to capture a picture of the newest tooth, Silas says, "I have an idea! I will hold beef jerky over him so he opens his mouth and then pull it away."  It was the best idea any of us could think of, so we went with it, but no dice.

Silas went to see Coco and then to pizza with Meemaw, Gramps, and these crazy guys.  His report: "I...was...terrified."  Translation: "I had the time of my life."

1 comment: