Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Christmas

It was the perfect Christmas. Silas even said he wouldn't wipe off my kisses for festive sake.  My favorite parts were him opening everything with his safety scissors and declaring "I can't believe it's Christmas!" repeatedly.  Rory was a peach as well.  We hadn't done much Christmasy until the week before.  I barely listened to carols, we missed the Christmas pageant at school, and we forgot to water our tree so Daron wouldn't let us turn on the lights for risk of fire.  I certainly wasn't burned out.  Maybe less is more.

We did enjoy Santa and lights at the zoo with the Privetts.  We saw another slightly sketchier Santa at the bowling alley with cousins as well.  We had a paint night and gift exchange with friends, made cookies with Meemaw, and Gigi sent fudge. We read the Grinch with Mr. Roebke and the girls won at cards on Christmas Eve.

I think Silas asks for things from Santa that he hears in songs.  Like there is a right answer to the "What would you like for Christmas?" question. This year it was ice skates and a sled.  We decided to ignore his requests, living in South Carolina and all.  I think it was the right move.  He was happy with his pirate hideout and Moana action figures. Also it is a miracle he still believes in Santa.  We did a terrible job protecting the mystery.  I don't really care for our sake but he is a little young to be trusted to not ruin it for others.  I felt like I bought him a lot, but it is over so quickly and so much fun to watch his excitement, I wish I would have bought him more.  He is so happy and sweet about everything.  Buying him more will probably ruin it, but watching his joy is addicting.  I already can't wait until next year.





I ventured from the Christmas theme and made it halfway through a whimsical version of The Thinker for my classroom.





1. 2.

1. Silas's nativity.
2. Missouri Christmas cookie, minus the bootheel.




1 comment:

  1. I love that you painted nothing Christmas-y. I wish I could have been there. I enjoyed your inner monologue of spoiling Silas.

    ReplyDelete